Andromeda.

Making my way to my private lake took more effort than usual today. The pain in my legs were unbearable. Normally I can take the pins-and-needle feeling but today felt as though I were walking on shards of glass. I went through the whole day biting my lip, envisioning my lake to keep my mind off the pain. At times I became so panicky because the agony just wouldn't let up. In the morning I had to run out of the lecture theatre, scared that the burning in my legs would cause me to transform into the savage monster that I am under the meek exterior I portray.
So I stumble through the forest, a wave of relief washing over me as my animalistic instincts kick in, recognising the oceanic scent from a distance. This key information keeps me going as I'm now sprinting towards the water. As I run I cannot bear the urge anymore, stripping myself of my outer clothing, my baseball hat, my hoodie, my jeans... until I reach the waters edge and I'm butt naked. I release my midnight black hair from the hair grip and it relaxes down my back, reaching my hips. Unable to contain myself any longer, I run through the water until it reaches my knees, then dolphin-dive in.
Once under the influence of the waves, my skin flashes under the water like lightning in the sky and I revert back to my natural form. My human legs are no more and fins grow in their place. Jade coloured scales multiply under my skin, from the tips of my toes finishing under my chin, as I shed the upper layers of my inferior human shell. My black hair was now a radiant white as were the iris' of my eyes, enabling me to see clearly underwater, even at twilight hours. But to top it all off - I no longer felt the excruciating pain. The pain that made me want to tear a humans flesh off his body and eat it raw. The unbearable pain in my human legs that I am forced to endure every second of every day.
I feel a wave of pleasure enclose me in a blanket of serenity as I glide through the waters. Nothing could compare to the elation that washes over me as I complete my metamorphosis to a superhuman being. The spiral markings on my forehead illuminate, lighting up the ocean floor. I open my mouth and from within emerges an instinctual, tranquil melody of euphoria. My head feels light as I coast through the waters in ecstacy. But as the sun rises, the exhilaration dissipates and I emerge from the waters as a human but feeling energised. And ready for another day.
I sigh, re-dress and head back through the forest the way I came, blissfully unaware that the whole time, a human male was watching me from afar.

Monday 9 July 2012 at 15:18